Wednesday, August 27, 2008

New School Year

Well, the kids are off and running as we start a new school year. Paisley and Devin are at the same school, and they are doing great. This year they get to walk home together. They feel so grown up, and mom loves having the kids show up at the door at 3:00. Brigham is in Pre-K, and since he goes to another campus, he rides the bus. The first day, I wondered how he would do with the situation, but the bus stopped at our sidewalk, he waved goodbye and climbed the stairs to the bus. At the top of the stairs, he looks up at the driver and says "hi I'm Brigham and I'm four and grown up enough to go to school." So much for any anxiety on his part.

Paisley is taking piano lessons and is learning to play Primary Songs. It's great, but man does those tunes stay with a person. She is going to be in gymnastics this year. We keep going back and forth between gym and dance. She also is very excited for activity days to start up again.

Devin is on a soccer team for the first time. His team is the Growlin' Grizzlies. He is so excited. We can't wait for the first game because Grandma and Grandpa Black will be in town. Yeah!

Brigham is doing gymnastics and I was excited to find a morning class for him so that I don't have another activity in the afternoon. I'm hoping it will help with his low muscle tone and balance.

So, from 11:30 am until 3:00 pm it is just mom and Naya. I expect to take advantage of nap time for Wendy time, but it will probably end up being clean the house and cook time.

So with fall on the way, school and activities will keep us all very busy. It's interesting being a "soccer mom", but great to see the kids growing and learning.

2 comments:

heidiglyn said...

Hi, Wendy! So nice to talk to you the other day. What a great blog! How beautiful (and grown up) your kids are! By the way--is it within the realms of blog etiquette to comment on a particular post, but really just have it be a letter? Or should I just email?

Now I'm embarrassed by the paltry nature of "blogodarnost," but maybe I'll figure out how to make it all fancy. At least I'll figure out how to post pictures.

Hi to everyone!

Mariam said...

You sound so busy. I have to admit, I am not looking forward to that "running frantically, driving everywhere" stage in life. You seem to be having fun with it though. You are such an awesome mom.